[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Mar 27 19:59:07 EDT 2009

      On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, William Herrin wrote:
    > The use of the emergency policy process is wrongheaded and
    > wholly inappropriate. Should the board desire the adoption of this
    > policy text, it should offer it through the normal process.

I agree entirely.  However, some board members feel otherwise.

If you feel that board members should be allowed to participate in the
policy process absent a declaration of emergency, and the majority
of the membership agrees with you, a policy proposal to that effect could
rectify this (relatively recent) situation and return dialog to a more
moderate mode.

                                -Bill