[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-3 (Global): Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional Internet Registries

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Fri Mar 27 16:33:02 EDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> I would love to get feedback from PPML on the following questions:
> - What do you think of the general idea behind this proposal?
> - Do you think returns should be mandatory or optional?  Would you
> distinguish between legacy and non-legacy space?
> - Do you have any other detailed feedback on specific aspects of this
> draft policy?

Perhaps I'm being dense, but I can't figure out who this benefits.  A
proposal always benefits someone.  Can you tell me who this proposal
is supposed to benefit?

In short:
	ARIN will lose space -- doesn't benefit ARIN.
	No incentive to recover space -- doesn't benefit anyone except
perhaps people who never want to give up space.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation