[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Lee Howard spiffnolee at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 14:12:08 EDT 2009

As a Board member, I have some insight into the process by which the
emergency draft policy was submitted to the community.  However, I am
not willing to discuss the Board's deliberations without checking with my
fellow Board members; I'm afraid of mischaracterizing their positions.  I
do have my own opinions, which I will share, but I have an open mind,
and it can be changed by well-reasoned argument or correction of my
faulty memory.

The Board tries to stay out of policy matters, having created the Advisory
Council for that purpose.  Generally I am reluctant to advocate for or
against potential policies.  In this case, there's a policy gap, where
numbers could be better allocated as needed, per ARIN's mission.