[arin-ppml] large vs small?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:39:50 EDT 2009

<apologies for keeping this thread alive>

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Milton L Mueller<mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Yet you participate, thus validating the concept you eschew?

Apparently we're talking past each other. Anyway, that debate is not
relevant to my exchanges with Owen, Michael and Ted about fees, so
let's drop it.

> My point was that it is difficult to have a coherent and productive discussion about the appropriate level of fees to be charged for IP address blocks when, for reasons that I can only tag as "religious," key figures insist that ARIN fees have nothing to do with access to address blocks.

So you want to use RIR membership fees as a policy lever? In theory
you could do this IF fees were set by the RIR policy making community.
 Unfortunately, they aren't, they are determined by the members of the
association. the two sets of people, while overlapping, are not the
same.

--
Cheers,

McTim