[arin-ppml] Number of routes, IPv6 vrs IPv4.

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Fri Jun 12 14:33:40 EDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> If we can give everyone with an ASN an appropriate sized block so
> they only need 1 block we likely can reduce the size of the roting
> table by up to 9.67 times.  Folks are announcing multiple blocks

You are forgetting that many providers have both and ASN and a block
per location, and don't have backbones between those locations.  So
this won't actually map to "1 announcement per organization" but just
"1 announcement per site" for any content provider without their own
backbone.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek