[arin-ppml] Large hole in IPv6 assignment logic

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Jun 11 11:02:52 EDT 2009

> Can someone explain to me what is the policy rationale for
> this price discrimination? and for maintaining the
> distinction between LIRs and end users?
> This is a real question, not a rhetorical one.

Policy rationale? The prices are set by the members and
not by policy. I believe that the LIRs dominate the active
ARIN membership and they have preferred to keep the burden
of the costs on themselves because they make much more use
of ARIN's services. In a sense, LIRs pay more as insurance
to see that ARIN remains a stable and functioning organization.

--Michael Dillon