[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jun 9 14:36:03 EDT 2009

I don't understand how this is a consideration if the ISP continues to be accurately identified in the whois. I don't understand how a third party's suspicion of an ISP gives them a right to access a customers' data as opposed to the ISP data. Recall that ARIN has access to the customer information and would thus be accessible to any real fraud investigation.