[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Sunset Clause for Liberalized Transfer Policy

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jun 5 17:17:19 EDT 2009

No, but I am giggling at the level of influence you are assigning to me.

I had nothing to do with the 2008-6 policy, sunset or no sunset. Talk to Bill Darte about that one. I pretty much tuned out after 2008-2 got bogged down and thought 2008-6 was bogus. I didn't even follow its progress. When 2009-1 removed the sunset, I started paying attention again (how could one not?). I supported its removal retrospectively, because a sunset is not a compromise but a way of crippling the functioning of a transfer market in advance. But I promise I didn't pull any of those long marionette strings that extend from my office to the ARIN Board room....

.....at least, not this time, heh, heh.

> But, here is the cost - people like you have pretty much
> polarized the policy proposal process.

this is a (polarizing) personal attack, not a policy argument.
Can we stick to substance, please?