[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 101: Multihomed initial allocationcriteria - revised

Martin Hannigan marty at akamai.com
Wed Dec 30 11:56:57 EST 2009

On Dec 30, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Member Services wrote:

> Modify item letter "d." under section 6.5.1.1. Initial allocation
> criteria to the following:
>
> d. be an existing, known ISP in the ARIN region
>
> or
>
> have a plan for making at least 200 end-site assignments to other
> organizations within 5 years
>
> or

Isn't being in the ARIN region already implied and why do we keep
perpetuating this ambiguous language? Why can't we write in english
and write something like:

"Be engaged in providing internet based services to end users or other
networks and have a documented plan to assign at least 200 end-sites
within five years".

Best,

-M<