[arin-ppml] Does Moore's law help with routing table growth?

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Dec 22 23:31:07 EST 2009

> Scott Leibrand wrote:
> If we just raised the prices of ASNs, multihoming with
> private ASNs would become a lot more popular.

We may be agreeing on this, but I feel the limitations of my English
here. I must have missed a step; how does multihoming with private ASNs
work?

Besides, ASNs are not in short supply, slots in the routing table are
problematic. How would raising the price of ASNs would prevent people
from announcing a gazillion prefixes from one ASN?

Michel.