[arin-ppml] Abandonment of 103/104

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 22 19:50:02 EST 2009

As one of the members of the AC who voted to abandon these proposals, I will
state that my reasoning was as follows:

1.	Basing address policy solely on the amount of money you are willing
	to spend for addresses is completely contrary to my understanding of
	the good of the community.

2.	Crafting internet addressing policy with the clear intent of making it easy
	for larger networks to treat smaller networks or networks with smaller
	budgets as second-class citizens by easily relegating them into a
	filtration category based solely on assignment size is contrary to my
	understanding of the good of the community.

Finally, it is difficult to express this without violating confidentiality provisions
of the NDA each AC member signs, so, please understand that I am limited
in what I can say here and cannot clarify.

I felt that the alternative suggested actions on this policy were contrary to the
intent of the PDP and that abandonment with the author/community having
their full ability to utilize the petition process was the more correct action.

Owen