[arin-ppml] Routing Research Group is about to decide its scalable routing recommendation

Davis, Terry L terry.l.davis at boeing.com
Fri Dec 18 15:18:52 EST 2009

Leo

PA assumes that we discover how to keep our developers and ops staffs from embedding low level network infrastructure into their applications and processes.  And that so far we have not managed to do; so from a CIO's point of view, PA is inherently hard to sell due the risk of system/application outages involved with changing ISPs.

Most businesses also require multi-homing to meet their "business continuity" requirements; so to a CIO of any sizable company/entity, PA without it is a non-starter.

Also I understand that the risks associated either of the above can become an issue in SOX compliance reporting.

Take care
Terry