[arin-ppml] The non-deployment of IPv6 - The Economic Factor

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Dec 10 08:05:19 EST 2009

VAUGHN THURMAN - SWIFT SYSTEMS INC wrote:

> I am so NOT a big government person, that this is almost astounding for me
> to say, but this may be one of those situations where government's aid is
> actually needed.  Unless some entity is able to push down the cost of
> deployment by mandating it upon themselves (fear shudders through me
> britches as I ponder the risks of saying this, and then finding they mandate
> it for me - must be a hypocrite).

Funny you should say this;

This morning, the US Federal Government released its final rule for
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) relating to IPv6.

It isn't a push down to everyone, but it is a push down to all the
vendors of the Federal Government.

I haven't read the whole thing yet, I can only digest so much
government-speak in a singe dose.  I'm going to definitely have to read
this in several different sittings to prevent indigestion, lapsing into
unconsciousness, or permanent brain damage.  :-)

Read at you own risk. :-()

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-28931.htm

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952