[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-8: Equitable IPv4 Run-Out - Last Call

Stephen Woodrow woodrow at csail.mit.edu
Fri Dec 4 23:07:28 EST 2009

May I suggest a clarification of the language here:

> This reduction does not apply to resources received via section 8.3. An
> organization receiving a transfer under section 8.3 may continue to
> request up to a 12 month supply of IP addresses.

To me, the first sentence is perfectly clear, while the second
sentence adds confusion due to the fact that a request may be for 3 or
12 months, depending on the state of the IANA free pool. Can the
second sentence be deleted or otherwise adjusted to reflect the intent
as clearly described in the rationale below?

> Rationale:
> This policy is intended to be independent of other policies or proposals
> to reserve address space for IPv6 transition or other purposes. It is
> not intended to limit Transfers to Specified Recipients per section 8.3
> of the NRPM.

Otherwise, I support this draft.

--Steve