[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Dec 3 20:49:09 EST 2009

> I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that ARIN's real interest
> in having accurate contact information for the sub-delegates
> of a block is to have some means of investigating whether the
> justifications for IP-Address space assignments that the top
> level block holder (i.e. the ISP) requests are legitimately
> justified?

Then you assume incorrectly.

ARIN does not publish data because they need that data. We
are discussing what data should be published in a public
directory. That is entirely separate from the data that
ARIN needs. They can and do request all kinds of data from
applicants and that data is kept secret under NDA, and is
also not available to most ARIN employees due to a chinese
wall that they have in place.

> Essentialy I see it as a chain of responsibilty.

I see it as a hierarchy created by a chain of relationships.
And I see no need to centralize everything the way that
RIPE does and the way that SWIP used to do.

--Michael Dillon