[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Chris Engel <cengel at> wrote:
> I mean ARIN's core mission is not the police the internet
> and make sure no-one setup an open relay right?

No more than ARIN's core missing is to set Internet routing policy.

Facilitating communication between end-user networks is not number
resource policy. I have no particular objection to expanding ARIN's
core mission to include it. I'd probably even vote for doing so. But
until then I think discussion of SWIP policy predicated on factors
other than resource justification is out of order.

Bill Herrin

William D. Herrin ................ herrin at  bill at
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004