[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Tue Dec 1 18:48:25 EST 2009

On Dec 1, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> My original post on this topic was aimed at the 'anti-whois' crowd because I felt that the post from Danny on the 30th was a recycling of
> the old "well if nobody is filing SWIPS then I'm not going to so let's
> get rid of them" argument. I have seen that logic before and I thought I
> recognized it again, and I have to say that I believe my guess was
> right considering Danny's highly negative reaction to my pointing
> out the foolishness of not making SWIP data available.

For the record, you're mistaken, I had zero opinion on this topic
beyond trying to understand what the issues were.  I've gleaned a
few useful insights (e.g., the abuse desk to the ISP that didn't
create the SWIPs).

As for my "highly negative reaction", I actually thought your
response comical - but you senselessly diluted your point trying
to be clever.

I've heard your opinion, I'd like to continue to hear form other
folks as well..

Kind regards,

-danny