[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2008-3: Community Networks IPv6 Assignment - Last Call

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Sun Aug 30 20:13:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Milton L Mueller<mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> Please do not restrict this to "UN recognized NGOs." Only a handful of the world's NGO have the time or inclination to be recognized by the UN; many engaged in political speech would be knocked down by hostile govts if they sought recognition. --MM

I agree, I'm making raw suggestions. I know who originally made a
version of this proposal and believe that the intent was understood.
Today, I'm not quite sure who this policy proposal was written by/for
and the point that I would focus on is that the intent has been lost
in the multiple iterations of it.

There was a suggestion to abandon this and rewrite it specifically for
that reason. In the old regime, the previous PDP, the authors were the
guards of intent. The new PDP is in effect a legislative approach
which is still young and inexperienced. We are seeing many ramrod
approaches under the new regime and this one just happens to be the
most obvious IMHO.

Best,

-M<