[arin-ppml] A compromise on legacy space?

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Sep 10 12:59:51 EDT 2008

Actually it defines pretty well what happens.  If Arin assigns the database
slot for a.b.c.0/20 to Fred then everyone who uses the ARIN database will by
default route that network to Fred.  If Joe Legacy wants everyone to route
it to him then he needs to cooperate with ARIN to make sure that his network
is assigned the slot in the database and his records are updated.

That sounds pretty straightforward to me.