[arin-ppml] Privacy rights & IP number whois ( was Re: The LRSA $100 fee...)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:03:07 EDT 2008

Milton,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

I think that question is disingenuous,  The level of specificity of IP
Whois has always been granularly set so that the appropriate folk can
be contacted in case of network trouble/abuse/DDos/outage, not for any
socio-economic reason.

No one has ever suggested it IIRC, if you have a policy proposal in
this regard, you know where to send it.

> You answer that first, we'll discuss the details of DNS Whois
> afterwards. It is a subject I know a lot about.

Yes, but that wasn't TVs query, which was:

--
Cheers,

McTim
mctim.blogspot.com