[arin-ppml] Some observations on the differences in the varioustransfer policy proposals

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Thu Oct 30 09:22:32 EDT 2008

Good point David.  People here tend to forget that there is no government
with an army forcing you to use a specific registrar.  The reasons that
people use the registry is that it works and it is easier than doing it
yourself.  If it stops being easier then people can find ways to use a
different registry or to use their own.  Nobody -(not even the registrar)-
have any dog given right to the numbers.  We all agree to abide by the
registry instructions because it is incredibly less confusing and hugely
less work.  When that stops being the case then all bets are off.