[arin-ppml] Some observations on the differences in the various transfer policy proposals

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Thu Oct 30 04:06:19 EDT 2008

On 30/10/2008, at 6:56 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> Geoff Huston wrote:
>> the IRR story is a good example of registry proliferation
>
> indeed, it has been quite successful and as useful as irr data are
>
>> some aspects of attendant problems that this causes
>>
> (http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog44/presentations/Tuesday/RAS_irrdata_N44.pdf
>
> no.  that is a problem with the content, not the fact that it the
> irr is
> a successfully distributed registry.

I believed that I was referring to the problem with content, in terms
of consistency, authority, coherence, verifiability and accuracy of
the data contained in those registries. Perhaps this was not made
adequately clear, and I must apologise for my poor command of English.

Geoff Huston

Disclaimer: Guess! Here's a hint: noone else is implicated.
.