[arin-ppml] 2008-4: Minimum Allocation in the Caribbean Region - Last Call

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Oct 23 09:30:48 EDT 2008

On 22 Oct 2008 Member Services wrote:

> Policy Proposal 2008-4
> Minimum Allocation in the Caribbean Region
>
> On 17 October 2008 the ARIN Advisory Council (AC), acting under the
> provisions of the ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process,
> determined that the community supports this proposal and moves it to
> last call as amended. The AC removed the second bullet from the 4.8.1
> text because it was redundant, and modified the region to refer to it as
> the Caribbean and North Atlantic Islands.

Does this minor change have any affect on Staff's Assessment of the
policy?

Specifically, what is their understanding as it relates to ST. HELENA and
ST. PIERRE AND MIQUELON, as these are the only other islands with
permanent inhabitants in the ARIN region that were not already included in
their original Assessment?

I support this minor change and the Policy overall.

David Farmer				     Email:	farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota			     Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			     Cell:		612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		     FAX:	612-626-1818