[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sat Nov 22 16:04:56 EST 2008

In a message written on Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 01:25:36PM -0600, Randy Bush wrote:
> rpki

I admire the work you and others are doing, and I'd like to see it
move forward.  I have yet to see any reason why it would be sane
to base a transfer policy on full deployment of RPKI.  The fact of
the matter is ARIN resource holders do not have RPKI certificates;
and even if that process were started today the vetting to issue
certificates to some groups of people (e.g. Legacy Holders) is
likely to take years.

At this point I think baseing any transfer policy decisions on the
existance of RPKI is foolish.