[ppml] 2008-2 IPv4 transfer policy

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Thu Mar 13 17:20:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at svcolo.com> wrote:
> William Herrin wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at svcolo.com> wrote:
>  >>  Show me the forms for this transfer and registration of the transferred
>  >>  block?
>
> > You mean http://www.arin.net/registration/templates/transfer.txt ?
>
>  Section 8.2 of the NRPM covers the only reason that ARIN will allow
>  transfers, and it does not allow this.

Sure it does Jo. You might have to "partner" with the existing
registrant for a few months while you build the system (their
contribution being the IP address space and the cheering squad) before
you could then justify a transfer under 8.2. In what practical way
does that hinder the gray-market transfer of the block?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William D. Herrin herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us
3005 Crane Dr. Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>