[arin-ppml] Q1 - ARIN address transfer policy: why thetriggerdate?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jun 20 20:21:58 EDT 2008

In a message written on Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 07:27:31PM -0400, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> Those conditions are ridiculous. Or rather, as Owen and Leo have
> basically confessed in public, they were designed by people who don't
> want there to be transfer markets at all.

I believe this incorrectly states the history.

The AC developed this proposal together.  Of the 15 members several
are quite pro-market, several are quite anti-market, many are
somewhere in the middle..  If anything it could be called a "bipartisen
bill".

My own history is that I was mildly pro-market prior to the AC
taking on the task of developing the policy proposal.  As I considered
the options seriously and in-depth I moved to a anti-market position.

Some on the AC did just the opposite.