[arin-ppml] Creating a transfer market for IPv4 addresses

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Tue Jun 17 22:00:48 EDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> secondly, i am highly suspicious of any amateur regulatory causal
> chains
> this long.  we are sooo good at asserting physics that is not yet
> demonstrated.  hence my inclination to minimal regulatory structure
> until we learn more about reality and depend less on amateur guesses.

Randy, I'm curious; what is your litmus test for distinguishing
between amateur and expert in a given field?
And what field is it exactly that one would need expertise in, for
this particular situation, in order to merit something other than
summary dismissal from you?

Whose guesses -- and whose blunt assertions and summary dismissals --
get to count more (or maybe at all) in this case, and why?

TV