[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Dedicated IPv4 block to facilitateIPv6 deployment

Alain Durand alain_durand at cable.comcast.com
Sat Jun 7 22:17:25 EDT 2008

On 6/7/08 7:15 PM, "cja at daydream.com" <packetgrrl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I think the little non-contiguous blocks should be used for this. I brought it
> up at the meeting and I was shot down by folks who felt that it needed to be
> contiguous so that it can be filtered appropriately.  It must not be passe for
> some folks :-)
>
> ----Cathy

Cathy,

Your input at the meeting was very valuable and I took it into account when
crafting this proposal. Initially, I was suggesting using the entire last
/8. The current text talks about reserving only a /10. I thought it could be
a good compromise, not reserving too much contiguous space while still
accommodating people using prefix length filters.

  - Alain.