[ppml] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Wed Jan 9 21:13:45 EST 2008

> Subject: Re: [ppml] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois
>
> I don't mean this to be insulting by any means, but I have seen you
> mention Lynch mobs and vigilante justice on here a few different times,
> I am just curious to know if there have ever been any documented
> instances where vigilante justice has taken place over the issue of
> spamming, and if so, was the victim actually found by information
> provided in the whois data base?

A number of more blatent spammers -- e.g. Al Ralsky, Sanford Wallace,
Rizler, Walt Rhines, Scott Richter, to name a few -- have been subjected
to 'personal' vengence stuff (mass subscriptions to snail-mailed publications,
all-hours phone calls, notes left on the car/house door, etc.).  Initial
home/office address info usually was gleaned from WHOIS listings,
supplemented/verified by additional public records searches (e.g., property
ownership records, corp. ownership records).