[ppml] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Jan 9 03:40:58 EST 2008

> That's the morally bankrupt result of the #2 camp logic.
> So please, let's ignore their input on SWIP policy.

Did you, by chance, read the sentence where David said:

   My position is if I provide valid technical and
   abuse contac for an address space, the specific end-
   entity it is in use by and their physical address is
   irrelevant.

Is it bad for David to take full responsibility for traffic
emanating from his address space?

> For the rest of us who have a modicum of responsibility, in the
> #1 camp, clearly SWIPS aren't doing the job.  I will point out that
> they aren't even doing the job for the RIR.  If they were, then
> the RIR would not allow people to submit spreadsheets and such
> as evidence of utilization.

I agree. SWIP (Shared WHOIS Information Project) is broken.
WHOIS itself is broken. RWHOIS (Remote WHOIS) is broken.
In the past, I have proposed a step to fix this problem
but I see no proposal from you.

--Michael Dillon