[ppml] Random v6 discussions (was Re: Policy Proposal: IPv4Transfer Policy Proposal)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Feb 14 14:50:20 EST 2008

Another possible option is distributing RFC1918 IPv4 to your end
users and dual-numbering your mailserver and a big web proxy server on
your network - just don't interconnect the
RFC1918 to the Internet with a NAT.  (If you have ever experienced
a NAT behind a NAT, it's dog-slow)

Obviously this would only be good for remotes that just do e-mail
and web surfing.

Ted