[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6: Emergency TransferPolicy for IPv4 Addresses - Last Call

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Dec 30 14:20:33 EST 2008

On 08.12.31 04:16, Kevin Kargel wrote:
>>> This still does not obviate the fact that the effect of any peer-peer
>>> transfer policy will be to create an artificial commodity market for IP
>>> addresses,
>> lol. you mean turn the existing natural black market into one where we
>> can actually track and see the transfers, have the rirs data actually
>> reflect reality, etc.  the market exists, whether we like it or not, get
>> over it.
> [Kevin says:] Ah, so you are saying that it bothers you that other people
> are doing bad things without you and you want to do them to?  You are right,
> that is amusing..

somehow i missed where i said that.  i have a feeling others might miss
it too.  do thanks for explaining what i did not say.  saves us all a
lot of guessing and contributes greatly to the conversation.  will you
stoop to ad homina next?

what i am saying is that policies which deny reality do not improve the
reality, they just make it more complex and make the policy makers less
relevant, neither of which are good for the internet.

canute got the clue, we can too.

randy