[arin-ppml] Apple's secret "Back to My Mac" push behind IPv6(appleinsider.com)

Robert E. Seastrom ppml at rs.seastrom.com
Fri Aug 22 16:38:00 EDT 2008

"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at ipinc.net> writes:

> Good.  A much-needed intro to IPv6 for the Apple die-hards.
> At least, the first half of the article was.

Full of such unintended funniness as "class A subnet" and ten year out
of date "IPv6 is more secure" drum banging.  Wish they had a technical
editor.

> The last half was full of shameless plugging of Apple products,
> wrapped in the typical myopia of all-the-worlds-a-mac, though.
> Although I guess you have to have that, to force-feed the
> educational bit.

I don't see anything like that at all.  What I see is "it can benefit
Apple's applications in this way", while asserting that Microsoft and
others are also supporting IPv6.  Far cry from "all-the-world's-a-mac".

-r