[arin-ppml] LRSA concerns (Re: Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal)

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 20 19:19:32 EDT 2008

On 08/19/08 14:06, Paul Vixie wrote:
>> ... I can't speak authoritatively, but I have heard that there are
>> institutions who are being advised not to sign the legacy RSA because of
>> various provisions in the contract.
>
> no doubt the people offering this hearsay advice are acting on hearsay advice.
>
>> ... I have also heard that said counsels are more concerned with some of
>> the provisions in the LRSA than they are regarding the uncertainty of the
>> status of their legacy resources.  ...
>
> i'd like PPML to hear from those counsels directly, or to hear their words,
> literally.

This did jog my memory, and I was able to find the words of a GC that
were posted to a public (and googlable) forum:

http://listserv.educause.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0804&L=security&P=5103

Keep in mind that The Citadel is a state-supported college and that
these words are not mine and they are not the words of the poster--they
do appear to be direct from the GC.

I hope this adds to the discussion.  I am sure that I share a
commonality with many on this list in saying IANAL.

michael