[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Minimum Allocation in the Caribbean Region

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 23 13:41:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Member Services <info at arin.net> wrote:
>  Policy Proposal Name: Minimum Allocation in the Caribbean Region
>  Policy statement:
>
>      Minimum Allocation. The minimum IPv4 allocation size for ISPs from
>  the Caribbean portion of the ARIN region is /22.
>
>     1. Allocation Criteria.
>           1. The requesting organization must show the efficient
>              utilization of an entire previously allocated /22 from their
>              upstream ISP. This allocation (/22) may have been provided
>              by an ISP's upstream provider(s), and does not have to be
>              contiguous address space. The organization must meet the
>              requirement of efficient use of 4 /24s.
>           2. A multi-homed organization must show the efficient
>              utilization of an entire previously allocated /23 from their
>              upstream ISP. This allocation (/23) may have been provided
>              by an ISP's upstream provider(s), and does not have to be
>              contiguous address space. The organization must meet the
>              requirement of efficient use of 2 /24s.

Greetings,

Could you clean up the language a little, and perhaps rephrase it as
an insert into the NRPM with the appropriate numbering?

Reading this, it isn't clear to me whether you intend 1.1 and 1.2 to
apply to single and multihomed LIRs (ISPs) respectively, or whether
you intend it to apply to LIRs (ISPs) and end-user orgs respectively.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us