[ppml] IPv6 addressing plans

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Tue Sep 4 14:09:21 EDT 2007

On 4-sep-2007, at 14:15, <michael.dillon at bt.com>
<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any reasoning why a network spanning two or more
> of the
> RIR regions, should or should not get separate ISP allocations from
> each
> region?

Well obviously arbitrary administrativia trumps using up routing
table slots.

</sarcasm>

Although in your case it doesn't matter much because by the time all
the IPv6 space is sliced in /22s (or /23s) we can route a million of
them without any trouble.

> We've just received an IPv6 /22 from RIPE

Yeah, they should stop doing that.

> based solely on projections in our European network infrastructure.

Especially based on projections that may or may not pan out.