[ppml] Legacy /24s

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Sat Sep 1 23:36:35 EDT 2007

Nope.  All you really need is a small number of computers, several
firewalls, and a requirement that you have to comply with a security and
security auditing specification, such as the payment card industry (PCI)
specification.  Part of the cost would be renumbering, part would be
revising the rules in the firewalls, intrusion detection system, etc.  A
big part would be in re-auditing the information security configuration.

And the cost of making a mistake on the security configurations is about
$10 per exposed credit card number for a year's subscription to a credit
report watch service, not to mention the cost of making the front page
of the newspapers and computer trade press.

Keith

Keith W. Hare                     JCC Consulting, Inc.
keith at jcc.com                     600 Newark Road
Phone: 740-587-0157               P.O. Box 381
Fax: 740-587-0163                 Granville, Ohio 43023
http://www.jcc.com                USA