[ppml] IPv4 address and routing slot markets

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Oct 29 14:55:13 EDT 2007

Don't worry about it.  Sooner or later one of the Very Large ISP's
is going to be in the position of they either pony up the hundreds of
millions
needed to upgrade all their routers, or filter and cut off a bunch of
idiots.

They will filter and when their customers say "why can't some people
reach my site" they will tell their customers that they can't find anything
wrong
and maybe those "some people" need to talk to their own administrators.

It's been my experience that ignorant customers ALWAYS assume that if there
is
a problem, that the smaller ISP must be the cause of it based on the
assumption
that a Very Large ISP like an AOL or MSN or someone like that must obviously
know what they are doing simply by virtue that they are Very Large.

It's the same logic that "God must be right, because, after all, he is God"
(ignorning the story of the rainbow, etc.)

In other words, it's a faith issue with these customers, not a logic issue.

Ted