[ppml] IPv4 address and routing slot markets

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Sat Oct 27 10:58:34 EDT 2007

michael.dillon at bt.com writes:

> What business does ARIN or APNIC or RIPE have in allowing or disallowing
> any kind of route announcements? It is not in the charter of ARIN or in
> the terms of reference of RIPE. Is there a significant number of ISPs
> who are about to sign some kind of routing treaty?

that's what tli advised us to do during his ARIN XX preso in ABQ.  as far
as i could tell, the ISPs in the room didn't immediately run out into the
hall to discuss details.  but that doesn't mean we oughtn't discuss it,
since the predicted backpressure-free market mechanics don't seem wonderful.
--
Paul Vixie