[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-21: PIv6 for legacy holders with RSA and efficient use - Last Call

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Oct 24 13:38:17 EDT 2007

Thus spake "Scott Leibrand" <sleibrand at internap.com>
> After receiving some excellent private feedback on the language,
> I'd like to submit the following text for comments:
>
> or demonstrate efficient utilization of all direct IPv4 assignments
> and allocations, each of which must be covered by a current ARIN
> RSA.

This text better reflects what I had thought your proposal meant.

I'm still not thrilled with the idea, though; if we think a /24 is good
enough for legacy holders to get PIv6 space, then I would prefer we go down
the path of making /24 the minimum v4 assignment size.  However, that would
remove this proposal's carrot for legacy holders to sign RSAs, so I'm torn.

Now that the LRSA is out, did you mean to include that in your above
reference to "ARIN RSA", or did you mean only a standard RSA?  That probably
needs a little more clarity.