[ppml] Policy Proposals 2007-18 and -23

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Thu Oct 18 13:41:56 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, briand at ca.afilias.info <briand at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> >> It is basically, split the last of the pie fairly, when the
> >> smallest piece is big enough to "eat".
> >
> > No, this is basically split the pie UNFAIRLY using some complex formula
> > which nobody can understand.
>
> Are you claiming you don't understand the formula?

Brian,

I would suggest that the more complex the formula, the less likely it
will be perceived as fair. Thus we seek the fairest SIMPLE formula.

For example, does ANY US taxpayer consider the income tax fair? Yet
the whole point of the vastly complex deductions was to make it fair.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin                  herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us