[ppml] [arin-announce] Legacy RSA

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Oct 12 17:31:57 EDT 2007

OK, I have a list of spamming IP addresses, maybe you can explain how to
use this money trail to get the admins of the blocks that the spammers
are operating from to actually answer their mail, or their phone, or
actually do something about getting the spammers offline?

Uh huh.  Thought so.  IPv4 routing will go exactly the same way, you just
watch.  When problems happen and you can't get your IPv4 traffic through
anymore, you will call and bitch and everyone you talk to will assure you
in all seriousness that they are still routing IPv4 and they aren't seeing
the problem your having, and by the way have you tried accessing it with
IPv6 and did that work?

And in the meantime their admins will continue ignoring the complaints
about unroutable IPv4.

Exactly how spamming is handled on the Internet today.

Most large networks are run by telcos - and here's a copy of the "telco
response 101 handbook" that these companies use to respond to problems:

#1 "We don't see a problem it must be your equipment"

#2 See rule#1

Ted