[ppml] Proposal for the creation of a working group.

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Fri Oct 12 01:49:06 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Raul Echeberria <raul at lacnic.net>
To: ppml at arin.net
Subject: [ppml] Proposal for the creation of a working
group.
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:17:58 -0300

> Dear all:
>
> I would like to share with all of you this
> proposal. Since it is not a policy proposal, I
> don't know really how to proceed, but I guess
> that it is enough to send it to the list.
>
> This proposal doesn't intend to substitute the
> Policy Proposal "2007-16 IPv4 Soft Landing" and
> is not incompatible with the discussion of this
> proposal and/or its eventual adoption.
>
> I will send the same proposal to the others RIRs'  poilicy
> lists.
>
> Raúl

> Proposal for the creation of a cross-regions working group
>

> Some proposals have been submitted through some
> RIR’s policy development process, which focus on
> the gradual modification of the requirements for
> receiving IPv4 addresses as the pool of unallocated IPv4
> addresses diminishes.
>
> Most or all proposals which have been made appear
> to be incomplete and ineffective if approved in
> only one region. Therefore, it is proposed the
> creation of a working group made up by two
> appropriate respected individuals active in the
> policy process within each region’s community.
> These ten individuals would work on one or more
> joint proposals that could then be processed in
> every region according to their corresponding policy
> development processes.

Could be perceived as an attempt to manipulate regional
PDP's. Are you asking for the RIR's to officially sanction
this? Or as you just asking for volunteers?

If it's the latter, and you are suggesting that whatever
came out of such a thing would have to still traverse the
ARIN PDP and ICANN MoU/Attachment global policy process,
this sounds just fine to me.

-M<