[ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Oct 9 02:24:30 EDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, John Curran wrote:

> At 12:51 AM -0400 10/9/07, Dean Anderson wrote:

> >> Dean - The request was noted and will be brought before the Board.
> >
> >Good. When can we expect to have this statement?
>
> I will bring the matter to the Board.  I do not know the
> outcome at this time.

When will the board consider this?

> >None of this is very definite.
>
> I'm sorry that you're having trouble assessing the situation
> and have heard the request for formal statement as noted
> above.

I'm having no trouble 'assessing the situation'.

> >Someone should inform the IETF that Sprunk and Curran have misled them.
> >
> >The transcript is here
> >http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XIX/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_13
>
> Alas, Dean, I've given you my assessment, as has Steven.  As the full
> transcript is online, so each may judge the situation on their own, and
> decide accordingly.

The IETF doesn't have this information, and so can't judge the situation
on their own.  The assessment reported by Sprunk and approved by Curran
wasn't based on facts from the transcript.  It would be helpful if you
stuck to actual facts found in the transcript rather than made baseless
summary statements that suggest unfounded conclusions that most
certainly weren't in the transcripts.  The longer you wait with
correction, the more IETF members will repost the incorrect assessments
on other lists, and the harder it will be for you to correct these
misapprehensions. I don't think that is too much to ask from ARIN Board
members in general and the chairman in particular. Especially, since it
has been established now that there is no formal statement, and no
formal decision from ARIN.

		--Dean

617 344 9000