[ppml] ARIN IP conservation and FREE IP Addresses

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 6 19:48:29 EDT 2007

W. Lee Howard wrote:

>> Is it just me, or does it seems like everybody wants to raise
>> fees on somebody else?

Yes.

Randy Bush wrote:

> and, as arin does not seem to be hurting for income, it would seem these
> efforts are motivated by some kind of anger/vengance or political goals.

Interestingly, although there have been a lot of complaints about big
government and excessive regulations in this thread, the call for
increasing-graduated fees has a substantial redistributive tone to it.

Much of the legacy discussion has been about carrots vs. sticks vs.
something-in-between, and now, suddenly, we're proposing a sledgehammer.

michael