[ppml] IPv4 Soft Landing -DiscussionandSupport/Non-SupportRequested

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Oct 5 19:54:10 EDT 2007

> 5. I do not believe ARIN should be involved in routing policy (meaning
> aggregation). That does not mean that I think that ARIN should not plan
> around aggregation. Aggregation is a technical issue not a poilcy issue and
> should not impact any ARIN policy.

brilliant point.  so we can stop worrying about ipv4 free pool run-out,
not be bothered by irrelevant (to policy) technical issues, and just set
policy that we continue assigning from what we now call D/E space and
just continue northward, and eventually assign from 256/8 and so forth.
 right.

please get someone in your organization to show you a router.

randy