[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Those pesky ULAs again

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue May 29 16:03:50 EDT 2007

Agree, in ARIN region is not difficult to get, but in other two regions
(LACNIC and RIPE NCC) is still impossible.

However more difference to point to is that using PI for a function such as
the one covered by ULA-Central is wasting space.

It seems to me that this is quite contradictory for those folks that decided
that /48 is too much for end sites and wanted to change it to /56. Some
seems to be in favor of not "wasting" space, but when it comes to
ULA-Central, the saving part is the less important one, even if implementing
ULA-central will not damage at all to those that don't want to use it.

Regards,
Jordi