[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Those pesky ULAs again

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 29 13:38:09 EDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

>>> I can't believe you keep pounding on this dead horse. These are
>>> PRIVATE addresses. Period.
>
>> Uh, neither of those reasons undermines the solution others have
>> proposed: use PI space.
>
> That's like saying people can use real money instead of monopoly
> money. I really don't get this. Did you guys bet a lot of money
> that there would never be ULA-C or something?

Um, no.  It's like saying that counterfeit money is bad and we'd
rather not
create a sponsored system for printing it.

Oh, wait, the treasury department (at least in the US, and, I'm
betting whoever
is the responsible agency in most other governments) feels that way.

> If you don't like it, don't use it yourself and filter it, but
> PLEASE don't whine about it.

That's like saying if you don't like counterfeit currency, don't use
it yourself, but,
don't complain about the damage it does to your economy.

Right.

Owen