[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Those pesky ULAs again

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue May 29 09:53:35 EDT 2007

The smaller subnet in IPv6, if you want to keep autoconfiguration and other
things working, is /64, so why you want something smaller coming from the
RIRs ?

In addition to that, if you want to allow subneting for your customers and
your own network, you need extra bits for that. So that's why typically you
will get a minimum of /32 block from the RIR and customers will get a /48
from you.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Jørgen Hovland <jorgen at hovland.cx>