[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue May 22 18:36:30 EDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2007, bmanning at karoshi.com wrote:
>> 	me:  I have spent 650,000 on HP Openview to manage my networks
>> 	     and they code the license key to the IP address of the node.
>> 	     ... I'd really rather not have to renumber and buy new
>> 	     licenses.
>
> Last time I had to deal with this (or rather people who worked for
> me) HP will allow you to update the license without having to buy a
> new one just for an IP address change.  The downside though is that
> I hear it's a really painful process.

Painful is getting a lot of use around here, and so far nothing I've
seen described strikes me as painful.

Last time I redid the HP Openview licenses I did it online, using the
HP's license tools, and it took me 5 minutes.  4 minutes of that was
logging in and getting to know the tool.

I have significantly more frustration in morning traffic ;-)

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation